Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kiva Credit is Now Available

For those of you who remember that I won $100 last year in the Joker prize, I got online through the microcredit site Kiva (http://www.kiva.org/) and gave $50 to a group of ladies in Mexico who wanted to set up a dressmaking business. I lent another $50 to Namsarev Demberel, a lady from Mongolia who was setting up a stall and wanted to buy underwear garments to sell.


Already the Mexican ladies have repaid their debt and are now in business. Similarly, Namsarev from Mongolia is on track with repaying her loan and has paid back 25%. Here is a photo of her at her stall:


Therefore there is credit in my account and once all debts are repaid, I will further lend another 2 $50 lots to a couple of others who are trying to establish a business and provide for their families.

I would thoroughly recommend Kiva site if you want to assist people as it provides regular updates on the businesses and it's an easy-to-use and reputable website. (I'm impressed with it so much that I even volunteered my services to help out writing the stories of the people).

No comments: