Friday, December 9, 2011

Helen's Headlines - Monday 5th December 2011

Well what a week I've had. Although I was coughing, sneezing and spluttering on Monday night, gleefully sharing my germs with everyone in the room, the next four days saw me in bed - with fever, sore throat, coughing, sinus congestion, lethargic and this strange rash that had appeared. After 4 days of being with a fever, I sought the doctor's advice (again) and I did my blood tests to rule out glandular fever. So now I await the results and secretly hope that it isn't glandular fever because I heard it knocks people about for some weeks and up to months in some cases. Oh well...is this my body telling me to just slow down?

On Monday night, we had a most interesting (if not, abruptly cut short) presentation on the history of wool in Australia. Dr Donaldson talked to us about the wool industry and the heights it had reached in the 1800s. As a keen knitter and lover of wool, I found his knowledge on the subject fascinating and it gave me a greater appreciation of this worthy yarn for when I go to my annual jaunts out to the Bendigo Sheep and Wool show every July - the biggest national gathering of sheep breeders, wool shows and wool crafts in all of Australia.

There's not much to write this week as I try to recover from this lurgy so I hope that everyone has a great week.

No comments: